Thursday, March 22, 2012

Pay It Forward - Always Do More For Others Than You Do For Yourself - ISSUE 32 - 3/22/12

We live in a very selfish society where most people want everything done for them but aren't willing to do the same for others. Don't get me wrong, there are still people out there doing more for others than they do for themselves, but they are a dying breed. It is my intention to spread the word and help people understand why this behavior is such a disease, not only for our country, but for the entire world.

I believe the core issue at hand is that people are far too consumed with money and material possesions. Too many people work their entire lives to survive because of the mountains of debt they have acquired to try to keep up with the Jones'.

First of all, it's impossible for everyone to be rich. Our financial system would crumble. Second of all, very few people will ever become financially rich. Why not spend your time focusing on helping other people, making a difference in their lives, and becoming rich with happiness?

I also believe that many people are miserable because they aren't getting off their couches and making an effort to do something nice for other people. In their minds, they aren't going to do something for anyone else unless someone else does something nice for them first. With this mindset, it's never going to happen. It's up to them and you to start the chain reaction.

I can honestly say that I was just as guilty of selfish behavior, just as much as the next person. I always wanted everything done for me and would never go out of my way to make people feel good. I didn't like the results. I never felt good about myself and I always felt like the victim.

After coming to the realization that I needed to look into the mirror and change my mindset and behavior, I began to look at the world through a different set of eyes. I began helping other people with little things and asking or demanding less of others and my feelings instantly began to change for the better. I started not only feeling better about myself, but my whole life was flipped right-side-up.

I learned a few years back through a movie called Pay It Forward that the more I do for others, the more people will look up to me and be willing to go out of their way to better my life and the lives of others. Being a better person can be quite infectious.

I believe that at the core of the human soul, people are inherently good. They are just not taught at a young age to give and share more than to take and to be selfish.

If you're wondering where you should start, it's simple. Pay it Forward Experience | Innovation of the Human Mindset. This is a website and a cause dedicated to changing other people's lives. The Pay It Forward mindset is to do something nice for a stranger for no apparent reason and instead of letting them pay you back, you tell them to do something nice for someone else.

If everyone spent just five minutes per day doing something nice for someone else, we would all live in a world full of happy people and very little distrust and crime. There would be no separation from the haves and have-nots because everyone would have enough. We would all be equals as human beings.

Official Twitter of Pay It Forward - President, Charley Johnson - @charleypif - #payitforward

No comments:

Post a Comment